Website privacy notice
This privacy notice provides you with details of how I collect and process your personal data through your use of my site www.jillpryordesign.co.uk
By providing me with your data, you warrant to me that you are over 13 years of age.
Jill Pryor is the data controller and I am responsible for your personal data (referred to as “my” in this privacy notice).
My full details are:
Full name of legal entity: Jill Pryor, trading as Jill Pryor Design
Email address: [email protected]
Postal address: Lytchett Matravers, Poole, Dorset BH16 6DL
It is very important that the information I hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please let me know if at any time your personal information changes by emailing me at [email protected]
2. WHAT DATA DO I COLLECT ABOUT YOU, FOR WHAT PURPOSE AND ON WHAT GROUND I PROCESS IT
Personal data means any information capable of identifying an individual. It does not include anonymised data.
I may process the following categories of personal data about you:
• Communication Data that includes any communication that you send to me whether that be through the contact forms on my website, through email, text, social media messaging, social media posting, business cards or any other communication that you send me. I process this data for the purposes of communicating with you, for record keeping and for the establishment, pursuance or defense of legal claims. My lawful ground for this processing is my legitimate interests which in this case are to reply to communications sent to me, to keep records and to establish, pursue or defend legal claims.
• Client Data that includes data relating to any purchases of services such as your name, title, billing address, email address, phone number, contact details and purchase details. I process this data to supply the services you have purchased and to keep records of such transactions. My lawful ground for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and I and/or taking steps at your request to enter into such a contract.
• User Data that includes data about how you use my website and any online services. I process this data to operate my website and ensure relevant content is provided to you, to ensure the security of my website, to maintain back- ups of my website and/or databases and to enable publication and administration of my website, other online services and business. My lawful ground for this processing is my legitimate interests which in this case are to enable me to properly administer my website and my business.
• Technical Data that includes data about your use of my website and online services such as your IP address, details about your browser, length of visit to pages on my website, page views and navigation paths, details about the number of times you use my website, time zone settings and other technology on the devices you use to access my website. The source of this data is from my analytics tracking system. I process this data to analyse your use of my website and other online services, to administer and protect my business and website and to deliver relevant website content to you. My lawful ground for this processing is my legitimate interests which in this case are to enable me to properly administer my website and my business and to grow my business and to decide my marketing strategy.
• Marketing Data that includes data about your preferences in receiving marketing from me and our third parties and your communication preferences. I process this data to enable you to partake in any promotions I may run such as competitions, prize draws and free give-aways, to deliver relevant website content to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of any advertising. My lawful ground for this processing is my legitimate interests which in this case are to study how customers use my services, to develop them, to grow my business and to decide my marketing strategy.
• I may use Customer Data, User Data, Technical Data and Marketing Data to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you (including Facebook adverts or other display advertisements) and to measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising I serve you. My lawful ground for this processing is legitimate interests which is to grow my business. I may also use such data to send other marketing communications to you. My lawful ground for this processing is either consent or legitimate interests (namely to grow my business).
• Events and Networking Data that includes data about your name, title, email address, phone number and contact details through the supply of business cards or any other communication you supply/send to me. I process this data for the purposes of enabling me to communicate with you with a view to offering you a relevant service. My lawful ground for this processing is my legitimate interests which in this case is to grow my client base and business and to decide my marketing strategy.
I do not collect any Sensitive Data about you. Sensitive data refers to data that includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data. I do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
Where I am required to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of the contract between us and you do not provide me with that data when requested, I may not be able to perform the contract (for example, to deliver services to you). If you don’t provide me with the requested data, I may have to cancel a service you have ordered but if I do, I will notify you at the time.
I will only use your personal data for a purpose it was collected for or a reasonably compatible purpose if necessary. In case I need to use your details for an unrelated new purpose I will let you know and explain the legal grounds for processing.
I may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by law.
We do not carry out automated decision making or any type of automated profiling.
4. MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
My lawful ground of processing your personal data to send you marketing communications is either your consent or my legitimate interests (namely to grow my business).
[Under the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations, I may send you marketing communications from me if (i) you made a purchase or asked for information from me about my services or (ii) you agreed to receive marketing communications and in each case you have not opted out of receiving such communications since. Under these regulations, if you are a limited company, I may send you marketing emails without your consent. However, you can still opt out of receiving marketing emails from me at any time.]
Before I share your personal data with any third party for their own marketing purposes I will get your express consent.
You can ask me or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or OR by emailing me at [email protected] at any time.
If you opt out of receiving marketing communications this opt-out does not apply to personal data provided as a result of other transactions, such as purchases, contracts etc.
5. DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
I may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below:
• Service providers who provide IT and system administration services.
• Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers
• Government bodies that require me to report processing activities.
• Third parties to whom I sell, transfer, or merge parts of my business or my assets.
I share your personal data with the third parties set out below:
• Mailerlite for marketing emails https://www.mailerlite.com/legal/privacy-policy
• Dropbox for back-ups and file transfers https://www.dropbox.com/en_GB/privacy
• Adobe for Contracts https://www.adobe.com/uk/privacy/policy.html
• Calendly for discovery and consultation calls https://calendly.com/privacy
• Microsoft onedrive for back-ups https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-gb/privacystatement
I require all third parties to whom I transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. I only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with my instructions.
6. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
I am subject to the provisions of the UK General Data Protection Regulations that protect your personal data. Where I transfer your data to third parties outside of the UK, I will ensure that certain safeguards are in place to ensure a similar degree of security for your personal data. As such:
I may transfer your personal data to countries that the relevant regulatory authorities in the United Kingdom have approved as providing an adequate level of protection for personal data by; or if I use US-based providers that are part of a UK regulator approved privacy framework, I may transfer data to them, as they have equivalent safeguards in place; or
Where I use certain service providers who are established outside of the UK, I may use specific contracts or codes of conduct or certification mechanisms approved by the United Kingdom regulators which give personal data the same protection it has in the UK.
If none of the above safeguards is available, I may request your explicit consent to the specific transfer. You will have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
7. DATA SECURITY
I have put in place security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used, altered, disclosed, or accessed without authorisation.
I have procedures in place to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach if I am legally required to.
8. DATA RETENTION
I will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes I collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
When deciding what the correct time is to keep the data for I look at its amount, nature and sensitivity, potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure, the processing purposes, if these can be achieved by other means and legal requirements.
For tax purposes the law requires me to keep basic information about my clients (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they stop being clients.
In some circumstances I may anonymise your personal data for research or statistical purposes in which case I may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
9. YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under data protection laws you have rights in relation to your personal data that include the right to request access, correction, erasure, restriction, transfer, to object to processing, to portability of data and (where the lawful ground of processing is consent) to withdraw consent.
If you are within the UK, you can see more about these rights at:
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email me at [email protected]
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, I may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive or refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
I may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. I may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up my response.
I try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take me longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, I will notify you.
If you are within the UK and are not happy with any aspect of how I collect and use your data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). I should be grateful if you would contact me first if you do have a complaint so that I can try to resolve it for you.
If you are within the EU and are not happy with any aspect of how we collect and use your data, you have the right to complain to the data protection authority of the country in which you are based. I should be grateful if you would contact me first if you do have a complaint so that I can try to resolve it for you.
10. THIRD-PARTY LINKS
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. I do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave my website, I encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.